Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thoughts on Warped Tour 2011?

I looked at the lineup, and I'm less than fond of it...

I mean, there are a few amazing bands such as Against Me!, Lucero,
Larry and His Flask, Big D  the Kids Table, Sharks, illScarlet, and
Gastby's American Dream... But the bad outnumbers the good...

Granted, I've never been to a Warped Tour. I wanted to go in 2007, but
wasn't able to attend until 2009. From that point on, none of the
lineups have caught my interest in the slightest. My friend went,
however. And he told me that only about 15 people went to see the
Bouncing Souls, and hardly anybody stayed for the Casualties. You know
where everybody was? Yep... They were seeing bands like Pierce the
Veil, Bring Me the Horizon, Breathe Carolina, The Summer Set, etc.

Don't let my cynicism ruin things though... I'm just a kid who happens
to appreciate the punk side of Warped Tour, and in all honesty,
they've never really failed. I mean, sure, they have gone from having
Sublime and No Doubt to having Asking Alexandria and the Ready Set,
but they still have bands such as Bad Religion and NOFX, so I can't be
too hard on them.

I live in Dallas, where it will be kicked off tomorrow, and I, for
one, am not going. Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment